Saturday, October 9, 2010

BIG DAY OUT



Morning,
What a lovely night sleep. It feels like ages since I was in my bed. Three nights over and done but back for a day shift tomorrow.
This weekend has been good so far. First of all, I had been thinking I was moving out of Peppertree cabins on Saturday, however, I had also heard that the unit I was moving into was shared and had a few unsavoury things. Eg, no air-con, no stove and the tiny room that was to be mine was a little hot box. Anyway, I have to say, I am overjoyed and amazed that on asking Regional Nursing Services if I could stay where I was, they and Pulse Health did all they could to ensure I was happy- so- here I am still happily ensconced at Peppertree. Now i can really get settled in and unpack for the 3 month stay. The next best thing was that PNUT (my partner) popped in on his way back from working up at Rockhampton. He will stay here for a couple of nights before heading back to NSW. It has been nice having him here and yesterday it gave me company to go driving and sightseeing- which is always better when someone is with you. We headed of to look at some shops in Kingaroy then we headed down to Nanango. With all the rain we have had it was so green and beautiful. We saw the magnificent Bunya State Forest. Then we visited Pottique- the most serene garden/ gift shop/ cafe I have ever seen. It was a lavender farm too and a whole shed was dedicated to Lavender... Lavender wine, Lavender cheese, Lavender peanuts..not to mention every possible smelly lavender thing you could want. The first cottage was all French and country goods. Ohhhhh I loved it and will definitely do some Christmas shopping there. Anyway, we enjoyed our days drive and of course you cant come here without visiting the Peanut Van. Kingaroy is after all, known as the Peanut Capital of Australia. Here we bought garlic peanuts, chicken peanuts and butterscotch caramel peanuts. Yummmmmmm :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are enjoying yourself Col, Gotta love all those yummy flavoured peanuts!....I spose you loved even more your visit from your special peanut! lol
    Keep Enjoying & Happy Adventures! x

    ReplyDelete