Tuesday, October 19, 2010

NEW HABITS...


Wow, this post is proving to be a huge educational curve for me. I'm doing things Ive never done before, things I needed to be "accredited" for, things I didn't know how to do. I'm even learning that some meds I was particular with are easily given in other ways. For example, In the past Ive always been meticulous with gentamycin and its infusion procedures- here- IM injection, no worries. Ceftriaxone, IM- no worries. Continuous pain infusions- something I was always scared of- easy peasy. Oh my goodness, I am loving this placement! BUT, I have also learnt that the 2 staff that look after 6 patients is also the norm for 20 patients! It has been a hectic day, no coffee, no lunch...I'm pooped and need a stiff Kahlua!
Take Care,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment