Saturday, October 2, 2010

KINGAROY PEACE


Kingaroy, Im here! 14hr trip with an overnight stop in Goondiwindi. My legs are like jelly but wow, its just beautiful here today. As I approached the Bunya Mountains the sky cleared and sunlight streamed through to welcome me to the South Burnett Region.
The road trip was relatively uneventful, just me, my chariot and of course the trusty ipod. My voice is a bit hoarse as I was singing away with no distractons ..or criticism :) The chariot went well although the QLD roads and their unforgiving potholes and dips made her almost airborne a few times. Anyway, we are here and safe.
We did see one unfortunate incident where a vehicle had apparently crashed and burnt out in the early hours of the morning. The road was still blocked with tape and police even in the late afternoon! I am figuring it was a fatality but have not heard anything on the news.
The wildlife was amazing as were the wildflowers. I saw lizards, kangaroos, wild pigs and a huge variety of birds. As for the flowers, they lined the roads almost the whole way in a carnival of purple and yellow wildflowers. This was especially pretty on day two in the early hours when I drove for almost 3 hours with hardly seeing a soul. I felt like I was the first one who had passed that way. I was able to pretend for a while but the roadkill was a bit hard to explain lol.
The Pepper Tree Cabins where I am staying is absolutely beautiful, spotless and the staff...well i cant speak highly enough! I love it here but it is only for a week before moving to other accomodation. All part of the experience and Im looking forward to it.
One thing I did learn is that I LOVE driving. I think I would prefer short burst of work with a days driving between. Perfect job for me i think...

No comments:

Post a Comment